During the last 45 years Gauss has concentrated on the gravity casting process (pouring, automation, control of mould temperature, extraction, pre-finishing, etc.).
Thanks to such great experience, gained all over the world with the most important automotive OEM, Gauss is now working to offer technological low pressure solutions to complete the production range: a prototype named LPG is the first step of a low pressure machine range for the production of complex automotive castings such as: knuckle, structural castings, cylinder head and, in the future, also engine block.
SOME RELEVANT FEATURES
- Rationalization of the cooling system operated with proportional electrovalves and hydraulic blocks, all seated and grouped on top of the machine, with access stairs for easier maintenance.
- Large size of the platens and of the furnace for multiple cavity dies.
- Translation of the furnace on rails with auto lift and lock.
- Tilting furnace to ease emptying and maintenance.
- Casting removal device for a complete automation.